Apple Pie Cake
- 9 cups - sliced and peeled apples (about 9)
- 12 tablespoons - unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup - plus 1/3 cup Splenda Sugar Substitute for Baking
- 1 teaspoon - cinnamon
- 2 cups - Swans Down Cake Flour
- 4 teaspoons - baking powder
- 1 teaspoon - salt
- 2/3 cup - milk
- 2 large - eggs
- 2 teaspoons - vanilla
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
COMBINE in a 13 x 9-inch glass baking dish apples, 4 tablespoons butter, 1/3 cup Splenda, cinnamon, and 1¼ cups water.
COMBINE in a large bowl flour, remaining ½ cup Splenda, baking powder, and salt. Add the remaining stick of butter and milk and beat over medium speed 2 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla and beat 2 minutes more.
POUR and spread batter over apples and bake 35 minutes, or until cake is golden brown. Serve warm with lowfat vanilla ice cream.
A collection of recipes from over a century of baking with love. Happy baking.