- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp. – Swans Down Cake Flour
- 1 ½ cups – walnuts, finely chopped
- 2-3 Tbsp. – white granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. – vanilla extract
- ½ cup – unsalted butter (room temp.)
- ¼ tsp. – salt
- Powdered sugar for coating
PREHEAT oven to 300°F.
MIX together flour, walnuts, salt and sugar in a large bowl. Add vanilla extract. Add butter in little pieces and combine everything together with clean hands until the mixture looks like a coarse meal with nut bits in it.
FORM the dough into small balls no larger than a walnut and place on the cookie sheet, spaced at least an inch apart from each other.
BAKE approx. 30-35 minutes.
WHILE still warm, but cool enough to touch, roll the cookies in powdered sugar. Set on wire rack to cool completely. Once cool dust again with powdered sugar.